Redbush Tea with Toffee Scones

The best way to relax is witha hot drink and a quiet place, don't you think so?
When I need relax I take a good tea and a good book, and spend a few hours in silence... I love it! 
Today I'm trying some new tea from the brand Redbush Tea, they send me some samples to try; the Original Redbush Tea, the Chai thea and the Citrus tea. 
Of course my first choice is the Original Redbush tea, with an exclusive grade of South African rooibes tea, deliciously aromatic and full of flavour.
But a tea always need a scone to acompany it, so I make some toffee scones... with all the same recipe you use with the classic fruit scones, but with toffee!


Ingredients:
200g SR Flour +  extra dusting
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
50g Butter
45g Toffee
50g Castor Sugar
95mls/g Milk

Heat the oven to 200/Gas 6.
Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter.
Mix in the sugar and the toffee.
Make a hole in the centre, and gradually stir in the milk to get a soft dough.
Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly, being careful not to overwork as this will produce heavy scones.
Using a 3-4cm cutter cut out rounds.
Brush the tops of the scones with an egg yolk, making sure no egg wash runs down the sides.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden.


So now, I can relax with my tea, scone and toffee! :)


Labels: ,